Friday, February 24, 2012
Date-Nut Loaf Bread
Photo Source: "Date-Nut Loaf by Avital Pinnick, on Flickr">
An easy and quick way to make bread for the family.
8 oz Dates; Finely Chopped
2 tbsp Butter
3/4 cup Water; Boiling
1 3/4 cup Unbleached Flour; Sifted
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 c Sugar; Granulated
1 Egg; Large, Well Beaten
4 oz Cheddar Md, Shredded
1 cup Walnuts; Chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Place the dates and butter in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3) Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the date mixture, egg,
cheddar and nuts. Mix until just blended and spoon the mixture into a well
greased 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
4) Let stand for 20 minutes. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
5) Turn out onto a rack and cool before slicing.
NOTE: The flavor improves if the bread stands overnight before serving.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other blog:OFW: THIS IS MY LIFE AND STORY Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.