This is an easy traditional flour tortillas that you can make at home. Explore the versatility of tortillas in so many different ways, serving your family and guests.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons lard (do not use liquid oil)
1 1/2 cups water
(1) Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
(2) Mix in the lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
(3) Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
(4) Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
(5) Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
(6) Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side. Place the cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer; continue rolling and cooking the remaining dough.
(7) 24 servings